WELCOME TO INBT!

Welcome to I'm Not Buying That, the blog where we dissect the woeful mistakes of the advertising industry. I'm your host, CJ Garrett, and I view terrible ads so you don't have to.

See something that makes your eyes bleed? Drop me a line at cjthewriter@gmail.com!

Counter of Awesome

Constant Content

I write articles for CC! Check out this link if you'd like to join up and start freelancing!

My blog directory link thingies. I'm collecting them. :D

Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine
SearchMotron.com

RSS Search
Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.
blog search directory
like what you've read, click here to give this author a higher rating at blogskinny.com

Blogs
Im Not Buying That - Blogged blog directory
Humor blogs
Blog Directory

Humor Blogs
blogs


Submit Blog Directory
bad advertising blog
Blog Directory & Search engine

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory



Free Site Advertising Web Directory Submit your site url free to free site advertising web directory!

Promote Your Blog
Blogger Directory
Copyright CJ Garrett 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010

False Advertising a go go!

Strange but true - if you advertise something and lie about it, people get very angry with you. If you lie hard enough, the EVUL GUBBERMINT will also come along and slap you upside the head for being a dumbass.

This doesn't seem to stop people from trying, though.

False advertising is a rotten way to get business. I'd even go so far as to say that people who think it's a legitimate way to make money need to be seriously examined by the appropriate tax-gathering government department, because it's not all that likely they're playing totally straight. But here's the thing - unless you're blatantly lying, it's not really a crime.

In other news, check out the Amazon affiliate thing there! Yes, kids, I like beer pong, and this post is beer-related, so I thought - hey, why not chuck an ad in there for useless crap you don't need? Apparently I get money if you buy it, which really warms my shrivelled little heart. I'm going to add at least one link to more useless crap in each post from now on, mostly for my own twisted amusement because I'm going to try to find the stuff that no one with a functioning brain would spend their money on.

A beer pong table, seriously. Oh, it looks shiny and all, but c'mon - if you're sober enough to care about the table you're playing beer pong on, you're OBVIOUSLY doing it wrong!

Anyway.

Presenting this latest fail, courtesy of Dumbblog:


Now, one part of me is thinking, "Man, that's going to piss off a lot of people." But I'm also thinking, "Hur, hur, hur, it's saying FREE BEER but it's actually not!" Take it with a grain of salt if you will.

If you can't read that, it says "FREE air conditioning BEER from around the world." It's meant as a joke, but it's got the distinct possibility of pissing off a bunch of customers who misread it and go looking for their free beer - maybe it's part of a promotion/giveaway/whatever - and find that no, it's just some sign writer making fun of you. The question is, are there more people who find it funny and look favourably on the bar as a result than there are people who get angry because they were tricked?

It's a knotty problem. I shall leave it up to you to decide.

CJ, over and out

0 comments:

Support Japan

If you're going to donate to anyone, make it MSF. Even if Japan doesn't need it, there's a lot of people around the world that do.

I Wuv Amazon

Followers