WELCOME TO INBT!

Welcome to I'm Not Buying That, the blog where we dissect the woeful mistakes of the advertising industry. I'm your host, CJ Garrett, and I view terrible ads so you don't have to.

See something that makes your eyes bleed? Drop me a line at cjthewriter@gmail.com!

Counter of Awesome

Constant Content

I write articles for CC! Check out this link if you'd like to join up and start freelancing!

My blog directory link thingies. I'm collecting them. :D

Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine
SearchMotron.com

RSS Search
Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.
blog search directory
like what you've read, click here to give this author a higher rating at blogskinny.com

Blogs
Im Not Buying That - Blogged blog directory
Humor blogs
Blog Directory

Humor Blogs
blogs


Submit Blog Directory
bad advertising blog
Blog Directory & Search engine

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory



Free Site Advertising Web Directory Submit your site url free to free site advertising web directory!

Promote Your Blog
Blogger Directory
Copyright CJ Garrett 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Friday, December 3, 2010

The Eyes Have It

You know, here at INBT, we like to examine ads that make us want to metaphorically rip out our eyes and throw them away. It's okay, really - being jaded and cynical means that we're fine with it. It's part of the process, or something.

INBT - dissing horrible adverts so you don't have to!

Anyway, I seem to be coming across a lot of ads lately that go for the whole 'OOOOOOOH AREN'T WE EDGY' thing. Yes indeed. Edgy, controversial and of a theme that would normally get you tossed into a home for the criminally insane.

The latest fail comes courtesy of Advertolog, who make the finding of said fails much easier.


"The art of making people give away their eyes for 30 seconds". What. The Everloving. Fuck.

And this is for, I shit you not, an award ceremony for the best ads of 2009! I would have thought they'd know better. It's that or they're trying to attract a type of client that I hesitate to speculate about. I dare you to view that sucker full size - it's the creepiest thing I've seen in, oh, at least an hour and a half.


  • Oh god the blood. And the gore. And HOLY CRAP IT'S LOOKING AT ME.
  • Good use of black, but that text at the bottom is a major fail. The impact from the WTF eyeballs is just too much, and it kinda blots out the rest.
  • Not digging the font. It's not easily readable. The whole thing is just too understated.


Okay, yes, I went for the cheap pun on the title up there. Derp derp me clever and all that. It was better than 'HOLY SHIT EEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ'.

The horrible thing about this is that it probably cost a metric fuckton of money, for something that could be thrown together in an afternoon with a photographer, some supplies from the nearest joke shop, and five minutes in InDesign. If you're ever curious as to why I'm still working in advertising, despite my obvious contempt for it - this is why. (Hint: I like metric fucktons of money.)

I was looking for fake glass eyes on Amazon, and it failed me. So here's a crappy plastic eye bracelet thing instead.

CJ, over and out

0 comments:

Support Japan

If you're going to donate to anyone, make it MSF. Even if Japan doesn't need it, there's a lot of people around the world that do.

I Wuv Amazon

Followers