WELCOME TO INBT!

Welcome to I'm Not Buying That, the blog where we dissect the woeful mistakes of the advertising industry. I'm your host, CJ Garrett, and I view terrible ads so you don't have to.

See something that makes your eyes bleed? Drop me a line at cjthewriter@gmail.com!

Counter of Awesome

Constant Content

I write articles for CC! Check out this link if you'd like to join up and start freelancing!

My blog directory link thingies. I'm collecting them. :D

Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine
SearchMotron.com

RSS Search
Web Directory
Add blog to our directory.
blog search directory
like what you've read, click here to give this author a higher rating at blogskinny.com

Blogs
Im Not Buying That - Blogged blog directory
Humor blogs
Blog Directory

Humor Blogs
blogs


Submit Blog Directory
bad advertising blog
Blog Directory & Search engine

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory



Free Site Advertising Web Directory Submit your site url free to free site advertising web directory!

Promote Your Blog
Blogger Directory
Copyright CJ Garrett 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Million Dollar Question

If you've been following along with INBT at all, you'll probably have guessed that I'm a sucker for vintage adverts. Every time I see them, I can't help but get a dose of the warm and fuzzies for how shockingly inappropriate they look these days.

Sometimes, though, I have to wonder. We can give the guys who made the ads a pass because it was back in ye olde times, when men were men and women were interchangeable and disposable, it was the done thing to make ads that were so sexist, even the MGTOW brigade would have passed on them these days. (That's Men Going Their Own Way, in case you're curious, and I'd be totally down with their philosophy except they seem to dislike women for some reason.)

Anyway, this latest example comes to us courtesy of Randomn3ss, a site with a bizarre name in which a '3' is put in the place of an 'e'. IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU!


Well, now I have to go and consult my lawyer. He may be drunk or high, but this is a simple question that I'm sure won't shake him out of his happily inebriated state.

.....


Goddamn voicemail...

Alright. Next best thing - to the Interwebs!


AH-HAH! In your FACE, vintage sexist advert!

Aside from the truly bizarre question, I'm also left wondering what exactly is being advertised here. I can infer what a postage meter is, true enough, but I don't know how and why this is connected to a man in a laughably bad tie wanting to kill the Guinness Book of Record's Biggest Snob champion. I suspect I do not have the requisite philosophical skills to ponder the depths of WTFery going on here, so I think I should just leave it to other, more enlightened minds.

In other news, Amazon sells postage meters. Not the one in the ad, much to my disappointment, but still...

CJ, over and out

0 comments:

Support Japan

If you're going to donate to anyone, make it MSF. Even if Japan doesn't need it, there's a lot of people around the world that do.

I Wuv Amazon

Followers